- For other versions, see Blake (disambiguation).
|Real name||Blake Alejandro Reynolds|
|Alias||King of Elemental Dragons|
|Age|| 23 (Season 1)|
24 (Season 2)
25 (Season 3)
26 (Season 4)
|Appearances|| Past to the Present|
Trials of Darkness
Chaos in the Light
Nightmare of Darkness
Legend of the Dragons
Unexpected (alternate counterpart)
Caught Between Two Worlds (alternate counterpart)
The Lost Heirs (alternate counterpart)
|“|| Kylie's all I have left of my family since the crash. She means everything to me.|
– Blake Reynolds
Blake Alejandro Reynolds (ブレイク・レイノルズ Bureiku Renarudozu) is the older brother of Kylie Reynolds, the eldest child and only son the late Devon Reynolds and First Lieutenant Samara Lavor, and the boyfriend of Aria King. He is a Professional Duelist and duels with his late father's "Elemental Dragon" deck.
Blake, similar to Kylie takes after both his parents, having his father's pale blonde hair, and his mother's dark red eyes. His hair is shoulder-length, with the back going past his shoulders, and is rather shaggy. He wears a dark gray zipper hoodie over a dark red t-shirt, black jeans and black and white high tops. He also wears a dark brown belt with a blue deck case.
Blake is very mature, making Kylie his top priority–Aria does come in second. He does everything he can for Kylie even if she doesn't want it, but she understands. He is very close to Kylie, as he helped his mother raise Kylie and look after her after Devon's passing and Samara's return to the military. He also has a somewhat short temper, but it isn't bad, it only goes off if someone annoys him to great measures or if someone pisses him off (and flirts with Aria when he is standing right next to her).
He is very affectionate with Aria and will tell her that he loves her all the time. Sometimes, he is afraid Aria will leave him because back when they were dating, he wouldn't stop talking about Kylie to Aria - she told him it was alright and was happy that he was talking so highly of his sister. She never met anyone like it.
- Duel spirit communication: Like his sister, Blake is able to see Duel Spirits, but unlike her, Blake's always been able to see Spirits.
- Dueling proficiency: As a Professional Duelist, Blake is a skilled duelist. He is quickly able to adapt and change a current plan if needs be.
- Care taking: Blake is excellent at care taking, as he took care of Kylie after their father's passing and Samara having to return back to the military.
- Cooking: Once he graduated high school, Blake began to learn how to cook, so he wouldn't have to do take out all the time when attending a college. Aria also helped him out as her step-father was the owner of a restaurant.
- Protective of Kylie: Blake is very protective over Kylie. He will easily protect Kylie if needed, but also knows when to back off. When he can't be near Kylie, he will normally have her Duel Spirits look after her for him.
- Stressing over things: Blake tends to stress over things, which makes him get sick.
- KaibaCorp duel disk
Blake was born in Houston, Texas to Devon Reynolds and Samara Lavor and is the older brother of Kylie. Blake had a normal childhood, loving parents - despite his mother being away most of the time due to her military job - and a sister who he loved greatly and sometimes annoyed.
Sadly, when Blake was 10 years old, Devon was diagnosed with cancer, and it was at the higher stage and too far in to do anything. Devon died within the following year. While his death sadden Blake, he noticed a lot of change with Kylie: she became quiet, distant and keep to herself, which worried him and Samara greatly.
He did all he could to get Kylie to return to normal, but with no luck. After talking to some doctors, he learned that Kylie might never return to her original self, but she could possibly return as a new person, and that was OK with Blake.
Blake originally met Aria back in middle school, but neither though much about the other until Blake and Aria's best friends, Scott Lucas and Madeline "Maddie" Matthews forced them to sit together at lunch. From there, their friendship began. Their romance didn't start until high school, specifically the the summer before sophomore year (due to Blake chickening out every time he came near Aria). When Kylie was six, he introduced Aria to Kylie - since he talked so much about her to Aria.
There were times where Blake and Kylie would go with their mother to her new base and go to school in the country or city they were in. After Blake turned 18, Samara decided to let Blake and Kylie stay with the Kings while she was in the other side of the country.
At some point in time, Blake started to notice Kylie not going to school and learned from his mother about her being bullied and that Samara pulled her out and had her do online classes, with Zaylin King's help.
When Kylie was thirteen, Blake decided to get Kylie a pet companion since there times when he couldn't be home with her and neither could Aria. After some searching, Blake gifted Kylie was a male, puppy German Shepherd, that would name Aragon.
Six months prior to the start of the series, Blake gave Kylie the "Planetary Dragon" cards which he found while in Greece. Around the same time, Samara had been transferred to Japan and Blake decided to go with his mother and sister. During their time in Domino City, Blake heard of the dueling school Duel Academy and thought it would be good for Kylie.
Blake appears in the second chapter taking Kylie to the docks and then seeing her off to Duel Academy. He doesn't physically appear for the rest of the story, but is mentioned many times by Kylie.
- Devon Reynolds (father, deceased)
- Samara Lavor (mother)
- Kylie Reynolds (younger sister)
- Aria King (girlfriend)
Devon Reynolds and Samara Lavor
Blake was extremely close with both his parents, since he was the older child. He was greatly sadden by his father's passing and took over as the "male of the house". Like his sister, he worries about his mother when she is on tour and does what he can to help Kylie.
Unlike some siblings, Blake is extremely close to Kylie. When they were younger, Blake noticed Kylie following him around all over the place, which he didn't mind. After their father's death, Blake noticed Kylie's change. He thought it was just because of their father's passing but when she continued to stay the same for days, he got worried. Eventually, after many months of therapy, she slowly started to return to normal.
Kylie's bond with Blake increased when he took her to her first Duel Monsters Tournament where Kylie got "Red-Eyes Black Dragon". After that, he helped Kylie build her Deck. Six months prior to Trials of Darkness, Blake gifted Kylie with the "Planetary Dragon" cards which he got while in Rome for a Pro Duel.
Aria, his girlfriend for about five years, is the love of his life. Blake does plan on proposing to her, but he has to get her parents' permission first. He knows Kylie is all for it, he just as her parents to do first.
Blake duels with an "Elemental Dragon" deck, a deck full of Dragons based off the elements. Blake doesn't have a main strategy, but tends to work on summoning his ace and partner "Elemental Dragon Chaos Heart".
- Blake comes from Old English blæc (black, dark-complexioned) and from the Old English blāc (bright, shining, pale, wan).
- Reynolds is a patronymic surname meaning "son of Reynold", where the given name of the father, "Reynold", or "Reginald", was a Germanic name meaning "Powerful Ruler" (possibly an alteration of the Old French name Reinold).
- Blake has a degree in Business Management, though he isn't sure why he decided to go for it. But he is glad he does have it.
- Blake couldn't cook to save his life, but after many lessons, and thanks to Aria and Tyler, he's much better.
- Blake doesn't like asking Aria for money
|The Ties That Bind series|