- For other versions, see Blake (disambiguation).
|Real name||Blake Alejandro Reynolds|
|Alias||King of Elemental Dragons|
|Age|| 23 (Season 1)|
24 (Season 2)
25 (Season 3)
26 (Season 4)
|Appearances|| Trials of Darkness|
Chaos of The Light
Nightmare of Darkness
Caught Between Two Worlds (alternate counterpart)
The Lost Heirs (alternate counterpart)
|“|| Kylie's all I have left of my family since the crash. She means everything to me.|
– Blake Reynolds
Blake Alejandro Reynolds (ブレイク・レイノルズ Bureiku Renarudozu) is the older brother of Kylie Reynolds, the eldest child and only son the late Devon Reynolds and First Lieutenant Samara Lavor, and the boyfriend of Aria King. He is a Professional Duelist and duels with his late father's "Elemental Dragon" deck.
After his mother's passing in action six months prior, Blake became the legal guardian over his younger sister. They stayed in Tokyo for about a month and half before moving down to Domino City where Blake was signed up to attend in a Dueling Tournament. Blake then learned about Duel academy and thought it would be good for Kylie.
Blake takes after his father having his pale blonde hair, while Kylie has both their parents hair, and his mother's dark red eyes. His hair is shoulder-length, with the back going past his shoulders, and is rather shaggy. His ears are both pierced twice and he wears two silver bands on his middle finger and next finger. His casual attire consists of a black sleeveless vest over a white dress shirt with the sleeveless rolled to elbows, dark gray jeans, and red and white sneakers.
Blake is very mature, making Kylie his top priority–Aria does come in second. He does everything he can for Kylie even if she doesn't want it, but she understands. He is very close to Kylie, as he helped his mother raise Kylie and look after her after Devon's passing and Samara's return to the military. He also has a somewhat short temper, but it isn't bad, it only goes off if someone annoys him to great measures or if someone pisses him off (and flirts with Aria when he is standing right next to her).
He is very affectionate with Aria and will tell her that he loves her all the time. Sometimes, he is afraid Aria will leave him because back when they were dating, he wouldn't stop talking about Kylie to Aria - she told him it was alright and was happy that he was talking so highly of his sister. She never met anyone like it.
- Duel spirit communication: Like his sister, Blake is able to see Duel Spirits, but unlike her, Blake's always been able to see Spirits.
- Dueling proficiency: As a Professional Duelist, Blake is a skilled duelist. He is quickly able to adapt and change a current plan if needs be.
- Care taking: Blake is excellent at care taking, as he took care of Kylie after their father's passing and Samara having to return back to the military.
- Cooking: Once he graduated high school, Blake began to learn how to cook, so he wouldn't have to do take out all the time when attending a college. Aria also helped him out as her step-father was the owner of a restaurant.
- Protective of Kylie: Blake is very protective over Kylie. He will easily protect Kylie if needed, but also knows when to back off. When he can't be near Kylie, he will normally have her Duel Spirits look after her for him.
- Stressing over things: Blake tends to stress over things, which makes him get sick.
- KaibaCorp duel disk
Blake was born in Houston, Texas to Devon Reynolds and Samara Lavor and is the older brother of Kylie. Blake had a normal childhood, loving parents - despite his mother being away most of the time due to her military job - and a sister who he loved greatly and sometimes annoyed.
Sadly, when Blake was 10 years old, Devon was diagnosed with cancer, and it was at the higher stage and too far in to do anything. Devon died within the following year. While his death sadden Blake, he noticed a lot of change with Kylie: she became quiet, distant and keep to herself, which worried him and Samara greatly.
He did all he could to get Kylie to return to normal, but with no luck. After talking to some doctors, he learned that Kylie might never return to her original self, but she could possibly return as a new person, and that was OK with Blake.
Blake originally met Aria back in middle school, but neither though much about the other until Blake and Aria's best friends, Scott Lucas and Madeline "Maddie" Matthews forced them to sit together at lunch. From there, their friendship began. Their romance didn't start until high school, specifically the the summer before sophomore year (due to Blake chickening out every time he came near Aria). When Kylie was six, he introduced Aria to Kylie - since he talked so much about her to Aria.
There were times where Blake and Kylie would go with their mother to her new base and go to school in the country or city they were in. After Blake turned 18, Samara decided to let Blake and Kylie stay with the Kings while she was in the other side of the country. When Kylie was thirteen, Blake decided to get Kylie a pet companion since there times when he couldn't be home with her and neither could Aria. After some searching, Blake gifted Kylie was a male, puppy German Shepherd, that would name Aragorn.
Six months prior to the start of the series, Blake gave Kylie the "Planetary Dragon" cards which he found while in Rome. Sadly, just two months later, Samara was killed in the line of duty, which made Blake become her legal guardian. While his mother's passing was hard for the both, the two knew their mother would want them to move forward, which they did. Blake was accepted to compete in a Duel Tournament over in Domino City and moved him, Kylie and Aragorn over to Domino City. Blake then learned of the dueling school Duel Academy and thought it would be good for Kylie.
Blake appears in the second chapter taking Kylie to the docks and then seeing her off to Duel Academy. He doesn't physically appear for the rest of the story, but is mentioned many times by Kylie.
- Devon Reynolds (father, deceased)
- Samara Lavor (mother)
- Kylie Reynolds (younger sister)
- Aria King (girlfriend)
Devon Reynolds and Samara Lavor
Blake was extremely close with both his parents, since he was the older child. He was greatly sadden by his father's passing and took over as the "male of the house". Like his sister, he worries about his mother when she is on tour and does what he can to help Kylie.
Unlike some siblings, Blake is extremely close to Kylie. When they were younger, Blake noticed Kylie following him around all over the place, which he didn't mind. After their father's death, Blake noticed Kylie's change. He thought it was just because of their father's passing but when she continued to stay the same for days, he got worried. Eventually, after many months of therapy, she slowly started to return to normal.
Kylie's bond with Blake increased when he took her to her first Duel Monsters Tournament where Kylie got "Red-Eyes Black Dragon". After that, he helped Kylie build her Deck. Six months prior to Trials of Darkness, Blake gifted Kylie with the "Planetary Dragon" cards which he got while in Rome for a Pro Duel.
Aria, his girlfriend for about five years, is the love of his life. Blake does plan on proposing to her, but he has to get her parents' permission first. He knows Kylie is all for it, he just as her parents to do first.
Blake duels with an "Elemental Dragon" deck, a deck full of Dragons based off the elements. Blake doesn't have a main strategy, but tends to work on summoning his ace and partner "Elemental Dragon Chaos Heart".
|Elemental Dragon Deck|
- Blake comes from Old English blæc (black, dark-complexioned) and from the Old English blāc (bright, shining, pale, wan).
- Reynolds is a patronymic surname meaning "son of Reynold", where the given name of the father, "Reynold", or "Reginald", was a Germanic name meaning "Powerful Ruler" (possibly an alteration of the Old French name Reinold).
- Blake has a degree in Business Management, though he isn't sure why he decided to go for it. But he is glad he does have it.
- Blake couldn't cook to save his life, but after many lessons, and thanks to Aria and Tyler, he's much better.
- Blake inherited the "Elemental Dragons" from his father on his sixth birthday
- ↑ Trials of Darkness, Chapter 2: Welcome to Duel Academy
|Trials of Darkness series|