|Real name||Garnet Tyler|
20 (when RWBY comes to Beacon)
|Occupation|| Member of Team CBLT|
Student of Beacon Academy
|Appearances||The Start of CBLT|
|“|| ...I want to find my birth parents...That's my only wish.|
– Garnet Tyler
Garnet Tyler is 17 years old and a member of Team CBLT. His weapon of choice is a Dust-Empowered Collapsible Saber (DECS) that he's had since he was adopted five years ago, called Northblade. His partner is Cleo Zlatko, who is also his tutor in Combat, and is in his first year at Beacon Academy.
Garnet is a tall young man, around the same height as his teammate and friend Seth Blaine, but just a tad short by a few inches. He has spiky black hair with dark green tips, orange eyes and rather pale skin. His default outfit consists of a dark reddish-brown hooded jacket with a pale, cream trimming over a dark tan long-sleeve shirt, dark gray pants with a dark green trim, and dark brown combat boots. He also wears a dark red belt that has a holster for Northblade and black fingerless gloves. Attached to his belt is a small pocket that holds many Dust blades which he uses on Northblade.
When attending class, he wears the normal uniform but doesn't do his tie at all. In any thing he is wearing, he wears a pendant that he has had since he was a baby. The pendant has a picture of his birth mother on the left side and on the right side, a picture of his birth father holding him, but the picture doesn't show his father's face.
Garnet is kind, caring and strives to be the best he can be, though he is actually terrified of failing. Between his team, he is the closest to Cleo since she knows what is like to not have a mother (despite Ebony actually taking over the mother figure role). He sees her as his best friend (which slowly began to form a crush on her, not only for her appearance but just for her). Garnet was the first of the team to actually learn that Cleo was a Zlatko but promised to not tell anyone else.
Deep down, Garnet deals with trauma that has caused him to forget his birth parents and some of his past, since he suffers from a head injury when he was 12.
- Aura: Garnet is able to use Aura, the manifestation of his soul, for various purposes in battle.
- Semblance - Shield: Garnet's Semblance allows him to create shields of energy to protect him and also his team. He cannot use his Shield to cover a large space as it will drain his energy. The most he can shield is four people. Prior to going to Beacon, Garnet's Shields was actually how he didn't get killed whenever he went out and accidentally ran into any Grimm.
- Enhanced speed, strength and agility
- Hand-to-hand combat: With extra help from Cleo, Garnet is becoming skilled in hand-to-hand combat. While he isn't entirely skilled in the art, he knows enough to help him fight against Grimm.
- Swordsmanship: Garnet is very adept in wielding Northblade. He isn't exactly sure how he knows how to use it, he just does. He never got proper training in using it, but knows enough.
- Saber proficiency: Garnet is adept at wielding Northblade, but he is still getting more help with wielding it.
- Athleticism: Despite his lack of knowledge in combat, Garnet is highly athletic and fit
- Lack of hand-to-hand combat skills: When he first came to Beacon, Garnet lacked hand-to-hand combat skills and could be easily defeated. However, he is getting better thanks to extra help form Cleo.
- Northblade: Northblade is Garnet's weapon of choice. It is a Dust-Empowered Collapsible Saber that he has had since he was adopted by the Tyler family.
- Garnet is named after the gemstone of the same color.
- Garnet is a shade of red.