|SPOILER ALERT!! The following article may contain content that some may consider major spoilers for characters, content and/or endings. Leave now if you wish to remain unspoiled. You have been warned.|
|Zarina the Tiger|
|Real name|| Zarina Cleopatra (real name)|
Zarina Rivera (believed name)
|Species||Mobian tiger/jackal hybrid|
|Occupation|| Treasure Hunter|
|“|| I want to follow my own destiny, not one that my parents decide for me!|
– Zarina the Tiger
Zarina the Tiger (ザリナ・ザ ・タイガー Zarina za Taigaa) is a 15 year old anthropomorphic female Mobian tiger, a treasure hunter and a freelance mercenary. She is the only daughter of Seth and Lilac, the younger step-sister of Felix, Carmen, Leya, Diego, and Leila, and step-daughter of Antonio (though at first it was believed that Zarina was the daughter of Antonio and the the half-sister to his children).
At 12 years old, Zarina ran away from home, since she wanted to choose her own destiny, not one her father chose for her. She is also the love interest of Sonic the Hedgehog.
Zarina is a slim white tiger with black stripes, pale blue eyes and shoulder-length white hair with black highlights and a tuft of hair covering her left eye. Her attire consists of a black cape over a navy blue pirate's jacket over a white and black pirate dress, black belt and black boots. She also has a blue feather earring on her right ear.
In Sonic Boom, her attire is less bulky is more suited for "action".
Zarina is seen as calm, mysterious and stubborn, at times. She doesn't like to reveal her past to anyone. Zarina hates being told what to do, but she lets her charges tell her what needs to be done during missions. She would have joined G.U.N., but wasn't thrilled about being told when she had to go onto a mission and when she can't. Though, she will help G.U.N. when they need the extra help. To most people, Zarina seems cold and heartless, but she really isn't. In addition, she has a soft spot for children.
When she was born, everyone believed that Zarina was a descendant of Rivera, as they thought Antonio was her father. But after discovering that her father is really Seth, a descendant of Cleopatra the Jackal, her powers of lightning appeared. In addition to her magical abilities, she is skilled in martial arts, stealth and hand-to-hand combat skills, having been taught by her father - before knowing that he was her father.
- Lightning manipulation: From her Cleopatra bloodline, Zarina inherited the power to control lightning. She is able to create and control lightning. She can naturally generate and absorb electrical energy, which they can discharge through destructive bolts and even use to power up machines.
- Electricity generation: Zarina is able to generate electricity from nothing.
- Electricity projection: Zarina is able to project electricity outward.
- Electricity attacks: Zarina is able to unleash electricity and lightning in the form of various attacks, such as beams, bolts, blasts, waves, balls and scattershots.
- Shocking: Zarina is able to shock any attacker that makes physical contact with her.
- Electricity absorption and redirection: Zarina is able to absorb external electrical energy and redirect it.
- Electric conductivity: Zarina is able to be and induce electrical conductivity in external targets by charging them with electricity.
- Electrical immunity: Zarina is able to resist electricity and be unharmed by it.
- Lightning infusion: Zarina is able to imbue certain objects with electrical energy.
- Paralysis inducement: Zarina is able to paralyze individuals with electricity.
- Electrokinetic constructs: Zarina is able to create tools, weapons, armor, appendages and barriers out of lightning.
- Electrical Telekinesis: Zarina is able to manipulate matter using electricity.
- Electrokinetic flight: Zarina is able to fly using her lightning.
- Weather manipulation: As a descendant of Cleopatra it is possible for Zarina to have the power to control the weather. Her father never had the power but her grandmother, Nefertiti, did. With this power, Zarina would be able to create storms, and other weather phenomenon, however, it is unknown if she does have the power, or if she is able to control the power.
- Black lightning manipulation: Using the Chaos Staff, Zarina is able to generate black lightning in the forms of attacks and even protective barriers.
- Enhanced speed and agility: Zarina possesses enhanced speed and agility.
- Combat mastery: Zarina is incredibly skilled in combat, able to hold her own over several assailants.
- Electrokinetic combat: Zarina is able to infuse her lightning into her battle style
- Weapon mastery: Zarina has learned several forms of armed combat, able to work with anything she finds if her standard equipment is beyond reach. However, she prefers to use her martial arts instead.
- Enhanced staff proficiency: Zarina is a skilled with a staff and can easily hold her ground against her foes.
- Tracking: Zarina is a relatively skilled tracker, able to keep a tail on her targets.
- Stealth and infiltration: Zarina is well trained in stealth and infiltration, able to conceal her movements from enemies and sneak into fortified locations without alerting anyone.
- Extensive knowledge on crystals and gemstones: As a treasure hunter, Zarina has extensive knowledge on crystals and gemstones.
- Multilingualism: Zarina is able to speak fluently in Spanish and English.
- Enhanced athleticism: Zarina is highly acrobatic and athletic, able to perform amazing feats of speed, balance and dexterity.
- Enhanced hearing and smell: Unlike her family, Zarina's hearing and sense of smell is much sharper than them. This is due to the fact that her father is a canine.
- Fang Retraction: Because she is the offspring of a canine and feline, Zarina has the ability to retract her fangs.
- Emotions connected to powers: Because her powers are based off her emotions, Zarina tries to keep her emotions in check.
- Physique: Despite her constant training, Zarina still has the physique of a 14 year old girl.
- Chaos Staff
- Gauntlets: After discovering her powers, Zarina traveled to Veton where Zarina met her grandmother. She then was giving Cleopatra's gauntlets, which help her control her lightning, just like it did for her ancestor years before.
- Lightning Spear
- Lightning Twist Kick
- Chaotic Shower (with Chaos Staff)
- Lightning Heal
- Lightning Blast
- Zarina was originally not going to have any powers, but that was later changed.
- Zarina was inspired by SupaSilver's Sonic character Sakura the White Tigress.
- Zarina's outfit was inspired by SupaSilver's design for Treasure the Tiger.
- Zarina shares the same name with the Tinker Bell Character of the same name.
- Zarina would be voiced by Jessica Rey who played Alyssa Enrilé in Power Rangers: Wild Force.
- Zarina's gaunlets were inspired by Melissa Tang the Chinese Dragon's gauntlets.
|Sonic the Hedgehog characters|